[117303] trunk/dports/science

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 21 15:26:06 PST 2014

On Feb 21, 2014, at 10:39, eborisch at macports.org wrote:

> Revision
> 117303
> Author
> eborisch at macports.org
> Date
> 2014-02-21 08:39:00 -0800 (Fri, 21 Feb 2014)
> Log Message
>
> mpich mpi-doc mpich-devel: Update to new released version: 3.1. Make mpich and mpich-devel stub ports (similar to python portgroup.) Use binary archives when possible, i.e., when wrapping a macports-provided compiler.

> Modified: trunk/dports/science/mpich-devel/Portfile (117302 => 117303)

>  } else {
>
> -    replaced_by         mpich-devel-default
> -    PortGroup           obsolete 1.0
>
> +    depends_lib-append  port:mpich-devel-default
> +    fetch {}
> +    checksum {}
> +    extract {}
> +    supported_archs noarch
> +    patch {}
> +    build {}
> +    configure {}
> +    destroot {
> +        set docdir ${destroot}${prefix}/share/doc/${name}
> +        xinstall -d ${docdir}
> +        system "echo $name is a stub port > ${docdir}/README"
> +    }

Here, you should clear the distfiles variable too. In fact, doing so will remove the need to override the fetch, checksum and extract phases.

I imagine the reason the portgroup from which you copied this code overrides these phases is to catch various special cases which some ports might need, but your mpich-devel port here probably doesn’t need that.