pending submissions

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Fri Jan 10 07:22:10 PST 2014

<soapbox>
I, for one, would appreciate not just a ticket link (which admittedly is
better than just the ticket #), but also the port name (or names)
associated with the ticket, or maybe the ticket title(s).  So, for
example, using Petr's email:

{{{
NEW: py-http-parser
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38895
NEW: py-restkit
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38896
}}}
instead of just
{{{
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38895
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38896
}}}

Otherwise, I have to click on the link and verify that the ticket is
relevant to me or not; or, when I'm traveling and do not have internet I
have to wait until I do which might be much later. I'm probably selfish,
but I just assume most of these requests do not apply to me.

I, and I think most/all submitters and committers and maintainers, are
busy people.  Even small items such as this tweak make my life easier &
I think would result in more/better attention given to the request.
Maybe this is just an idiosyncrasy of mine, that I find such a small
piece of info useful for my initial email parsing?

I know from past experience that asking for such a small change means a
few folks will pick up on it while others do not ... but, even just a
few picking up is better than none IMHO!
</soapbox>

Thanks for listening! - MLD

ps> Petr: Sorry to use your message as an example; it's nothing
personal.