removing paths from sandbox

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Jan 29 14:18:49 PST 2014

On Jan 29, 2014 6:40 PM, "Joshua Root" <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Pretending that the files don't exist is what trace mode does.

And trace mode will always hide files installed by the port you're building
unless you declare a dependency on it (which you obviously can't).

I was thinking about a new option that would control whether trace mode was
enabled on a by port basis:

tracemode (yes|no|auto)

where yes would force trace mode, no would disable it and auto would choose
what the user specified on the command line.

Of course speeding up trace mode with appropriate cache data structures
would be desirable before doing that. (If the penalty was only 5% I'd even
say we should enable it by default).

--
Clemens Lang