Binary distributability of codeblocks: GPL & OpenSSL conflict

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jul 10 15:14:01 PDT 2014

On 2014-7-11 04:52 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if there is any chance to make Code::Blocks
> distributable and what would have to be done.
>
>> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/base/portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v codeblocks
>
> "codeblocks" is not distributable because its license "gpl" conflicts
> with license "OpenSSL" of dependency "openssl"
>
> Codeblocks depends on boost which further depends on openssl.

Not quite, boost depends on python27 which depends on openssl.

Check if codeblocks is linked against the boost libs that use python,
and also check if the boost python libs use any of python's SSL-using
modules. If not, you can add 'license_noconflict boost' to codeblocks.

> A while ago it was apparently distributable – or at least one file
> exists in http://packages.macports.org/codeblocks/

That was before the boost dependency was added.

- Josh