new ports and maintainer

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Jul 24 12:13:14 PDT 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Sean Farley <sean at macports.org> wrote:

> Why not drop 'openmaintainer' and amend the community policy to have
> every port be what we now call 'openmaintainer'? Furthermore, we could
> set up a way for the listed port authors to be emailed when a port with
> their name on it has changed.

I, for one, appreciate the ability to specify which ports I don't care if people apply patches to vs. ports where I'm very careful about updating/keeping things from breaking.

Ultimately, I'm not willing to provide active support for something that lots of other people are going to (potentially) be updating (and, in general, I prefer to get prior notice of a possible change before it hits the repo).

--
Daniel J. Luke