new ports and maintainer

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Jul 24 12:36:28 PDT 2014

A compromise here could be, instead of getting rid of openmaintainer
entirely, or keeping it opt-in like it currently is, we could make it
opt-out instead. There are two ways we could do this:

1. When committing new ports submitted by users without commit access, make
it a policy to automatically add "openmaintainer" for them unless they
specifically request otherwise,
or:
2. Get rid of the openmaintainer pseudo-maintainername entirely, and
replace it with a new pseudo-maintainername that would be equivalent to
what is currently signified by leaving out the "openmaintainer"
pseudo-maintainername. I am not sure what we would call this replacement
though...