MacPorts Developer Meeting?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sat Jul 26 08:56:45 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Vincent Habchi wrote:
> Le 25 juil. 2014 à 10:55, Mojca Miklavec a écrit :
>
>> In 2008 we had a ConTeXt meeting in Bohinj for example.
>> (http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2008/, here:
>> http://www.csod.si/dom/bohinj?language=en). That's not the only option
>> though (and maybe not even the best one). Lodging + three meals cost
>> 26 EUR / day at that exact location (+ 20% for single room).
>
> It’s clear that it’ll be very difficult to find a room at such a price around the lake of Constance! ;) But is there any international airport at hand? Trieste ? Gorizia ?

Ljubljana Brnik is the closest one. (Ryanair was sometimes using
Maribor.) Then Trieste. Or some airports in Austria (Graz, Klagenfurt,
Salzburg, ...)

Venezia should be fine if you are ok traveling a bit: you could reach
me or Aljaž with a train for 10 EUR in cca. 2 hours. Or take a GoOpti
shuttle to Ljubljana.

(From my or Aljaž's place it's approximately 2 hours of driving to
reach Bohinj or any other destination close to the mountains. If we
pick the coast, it's a lot closer.)

See also http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ where you can pick the
airports on the map.

>>> ‘c uskoro!
>>
>> Wrong language, "wrong" input, but thanks a lot for trying ;) (Did you
>> use google translate on "C you soon?" Also, it's "jutro" and a comma
>> is missing in front of the name :P)
>
> No: “vidimu s’uskoro”, that’s what I say to my janitor almost every morning. She is Serbian, and since she knows I dote on linguistics, she has taught me very basic phrases in “Yugoslavian”, what ever that means now…

"Yugoslavian" language never existed. It has always been called
Serbo-Croatian until they made four or five languages out of it ;)

> But I understand that Slovenian is slightly different. Besides, Serbian uses cyrillic, so I tried a transliteration a bit at random.

Serbians cannot decide whether to use the Latin on Cyrillic script, to
be precise. People use both scripts "at random" and have different
preferences each. So in contrast to Russian, the "transliteration" to
the Latin script is well defined. (During the last meeting we had to
get a visa for someone from Ukraine and he wasn't sure what his
transliterated name would be until he got his new Passport – just for
the meeting ;)

I'm not fluent in the language and I understand what you wanted to
say, but the transliterated(?) sentence still sounds wrong.

Mojca