conflict with macports

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jun 12 16:59:24 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. wrote:

>> For anyone wondering where the sources are: just fetch the 63 MB
>> "binary" from http://www.z88.de/z88os/english.html.
>>
>> Creating a MacPorts package should be relatively straightforward, even
>> though minor fixes in the Makefile might be needed.
>
> I haven’t looked into their licensing, but it seems that there are two different projects.  Z88, and Z88Aurora.  The second one includes a pre and post processor, and seems to be newer.  BUT it is free but not Open Source. I believe that the source that you have mentioned above is just for Z88, not for Aurora.

Oh, yes, sure, one could only install Z88 that way. I knew that Aurora
wasn't opensource, but I only kept this info in the subconscious part
of the brain and forgot that creating a port wouldn't help with
distributing Aurora.

On the other hand the macports community could help them packaging
Z88, both as a port as well as a standalone app. Most probably they
could use a large portion of the "result" for packaging Aurora as
well.

Mojca