FreeCAD

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:57:23 PDT 2014

I'm writing a port for FreeCAD which requires a Fortran Compiler. I'm told that Apple's fork of gcc on OSX does not come with FORTRAN. One recommendation is GFortran which can be found here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries#MacOS

I've also read that MacPorts gcc4x packages also include FORTRAN compilers.

Another possible MacPorts package is g95. This seems to be a valid FORTRAN90 compiler and will pass FreeCAD's cmake configuration tests, but the actual build seems to ask for gcc-specific options, so probably easier to stick to gcc4x.

What is the best option?

Mark