Open CASCADE Community Edition fetch type

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:40:53 PDT 2014

On Jun 14, 2014, at 7:27 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> I have an unfinished portfile for OpenCASCADE 6.3.0 I was working on in July 2010, but nothing about our portfiles is similar. Maybe that was a different software package.
>

> On Jun 14, 2014, at 12:19 PM, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> Revised Portfile based on comments from the group:
>>
>> # -*- coding: utf-8; mode: tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- vim:fenc=utf-8:ft=tcl:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4
>> # $Id$
>>
>> PortSystem  1.0
>
> There should not be a blank line here.
>
>> PortGroup       cmake 1.0
>> PortGroup       github 1.0
>
> There should be a blank line here.
>
>> Long_description    OCE is a fork for patches/improvements/experiments\
>>   over OpenCascade.
>
> Long_description should not be capitalized (should be long_description).
>
>> license         LGPL 2.1
>
> The correct way to express this license would be "LGPL-2.1".
>
>> homepage        https://github.com/tpaviot/oce
>
> Unnecessary; the github portgroup sets this for you.
>
>> depends_build-append port:cmake     \
>
> Unnecessary; the cmake portgroup sets this for you.
>
>> configure.args-append  \
>>   -DOCE_DRAW:BOOL=ON" \
>
> There should not be a closing quotation mark there.
>
>>   -DOCE_WITH_FREEIMAGE:BOOL=ON \
>>   -DOCE_WITH_GL2PS:BOOL=ON \
>>   -DOCE_MULTITHREAD_LIBRARY:STRING=TBB

They're the same, but different. The project aims to establish a separate community-based release and bug-report process for the library. From what I've read this is more successful building on mac os X. Homebrew uses it in their build, but I don't need/want another package manager. Macports is building it at this very moment.
.

Mark