[121029] trunk/dports/multimedia

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sat Jun 14 18:40:30 PDT 2014

* On 15.06.2014 02:51 am, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2014, at 6:42 PM, mf2k at macports.org wrote:
>
> libtool is also usually needed to autoreconf. You should verify whether this
> port builds ok when libtool is deactivated; if not, add the libtool build
> dependency as well.

I built with trace mode enabled. It didn't complain about libtool or I would
have added that dependency.
I didn't actually deactivate libtool prior, though.

>> +platform darin {
> "darwin" is misspelled.

Ouch, it is. I'm so sorry! Even in a critical section.

>> +    if {[info exists configure.cxx_stdlib] &&
> Now that MacPorts 2.3.0 has been released, configure.cxx_stdlib does exist, so there's no need to check for it.

What's a better way to handle this? That is, how do you check the selected C++
stdlib with MacPorts 2.3.0+?
Later versions (the Audacious team is currently rewriting the application in
C++) will be libc++ only, so the issue will be even more pressing then. It'll
take some good time till then, though.

>> +default_variants    +full +sdl1
> +sdl1 should only be selected if the user has not already selected conflicting variant +sdl2.

Audacious either needs sdl1, sdl2 or jack on OS X. Else, you won't get any sound
output.

I added +sdl1 as a default variant so that users just installing audacious
without any variants will always get a working player.

Users who are interested in selecting sdl2 will need to specifically disable -sdl1.

I think that's fair.

If you have a better solution, shoot. I'm not saying mine is too good, but at
least it gets the job done. I'm really interested in getting input on this.

What I'd really want to have is enabling sdl1 whenever sdl2 is not selected.

Mihai