[MacPorts] #44015: sumo @0.21.0 New version available

Thomas Lockhart tlockhart1976 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:16:40 PDT 2014

On 6/18/14 10:54 AM, MacPorts wrote:
> #44015: sumo @0.21.0 New version available
> ------------------------------+--------------------------------
>    Reporter:  tlockhart1976@…  |      Owner:  jens.fahnenbruck@…
>        Type:  update           |     Status:  closed
>   Component:  ports            |    Version:  2.3.0
> Resolution:  fixed            |   Keywords:  haspatch
>        Port:  sumo             |
> ------------------------------+--------------------------------
>
> Comment (by tlockhart1976@…):
>
>   Replying to [comment:4 snc@…]:
>   > Has duplicate #43544.
>   >
>   > maintainer timeout.
>   >
>   > Updated in r121132
>
>   Thanks!

Thanks all! I've also posted patches to update sumo-devel as ticket
#43140. This has been open for three months as a "here's a problem and
looking for ideas" ticket but I recently went ahead and posted patches.

The current Portfile pulls a very old svn revision from the sumo repo
and labels it with a very old version number.

The patch puts in fixes from the #44015 ticket you just closed, as well
as pulling from the head of the svn repo and labeling the version "svn"
rather than having a revision number. I'm not sure how else to label it,
and am not sure how to use their daily tarball instead since the tarball
needs checksums defined.

btw, the SUMO developers recommend using the head of the repo for all
work with SUMO, so they have some confidence that this sumo-devel port
would be a reasonable choice when using SUMO.

Anyway, feedback (or application) would be appreciated!

                                - Tom