[121345] trunk/dports/sysutils/qlmarkdown/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jun 23 16:53:50 PDT 2014

On Jun 23, 2014, at 4:56 PM, sean at macports.org wrote:

> Revision
> 121345
> Author
> sean at macports.org
> Date
> 2014-06-23 14:56:07 -0700 (Mon, 23 Jun 2014)
> Log Message
>
> qlmarkdown: update to 1.3.3
> Modified Paths
>
> 	• trunk/dports/sysutils/qlmarkdown/Portfile

> +# QLMarkdown uses git submodules so we can't use the github port group

You can and should use the github portgroup for projects hosted at github. If the project uses submodules then you cannot use the pre-generated .tar.gz files, but you can change it to fetch from git (like you already do) and add the post-extract block to fetch the submodules (like you already do). This is mentioned at the end of the documentation in the comments in the github portgroup file:

# Some projects' tag- or commit-based distfiles will not contain all the
# necessary files, if the project uses git submodules. If available, use a
# distfile from "releases" or "downloads" instead, as described above. If the
# project does not provide those, encourage the project's developers to provide
# releases. Until they do, fetch from git instead of from a distfile, and add a
# post-fetch block to fetch the submodules:
#
#   fetch.type          git
#
#   post-fetch {
#       system -W ${worksrcpath} "git submodule update --init"
#   }