Question regarding +debug variant of KDE ports and qt4-mac

"Marko Käning" mk-macports at techno.ms
Mon Jun 30 23:42:44 PDT 2014

Hi Michael,

> Actually, I was going for the more general approach: Any port can have a +debug option.
> One can always use "enforce variants" to get as many dependencies as possible using +debug.

oh, I see, that would mean that the debug option would get a different handling
than a normal variant with respect to propagation to dependent ports. That sounds
like a plan to me! I hope this is not too hard to implement in port...

> Basically: I'd prefer to not have a new variant just for KDE for
> debugging purposes.

I see where you're coming from.
Well, it all depends on whether one can implement the new behaviour of +debug easily.

And, thanks for the hint regarding qt[45]-mac coinstallability! That would indeed be amazing
as we can expect to have the two around for quite a few years to come - as it happend with
qt[34] as well as KDE[34]!

Greets,
Marko