[117520] trunk/base

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Mar 2 09:42:44 PST 2014

Hi,

> revert most of r117518 , ability to set a custom PATH is important for custom
> builds, especially on other platforms

Which configurations on other platforms needs adjusting path that cannot also be done using the environment variables (e.g. $MTREE)? If you're talking about Solaris and building with /opt/csw/bin in PATH, I doubt that anybody has ever done *that*. Building on Linux certainly is possible without adjusting $PATH.

> provide a shell script that demonstrates how to run configure for a standard build

That's nice, but the kind of users that don't have /sbin:/usr/sbin in their path will probably just ignore that aswell.

--
Clemens Lang