MacPorts automake and python

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Thu Mar 20 16:12:35 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM, David Evans <devans at orindasoftware.com> wrote:

> What's your motivation for installing it elsewhere?  Trying to
> understand but I guess I'm being dense.

Simply because I'm installing manually from source, it isn't part of
MacPorts and shouldn't be installed in the MacPorts prefix.

I work on a project that has releases available via MacPorts, I have
the releases installed via MacPorts and install from the VCS locally,
with this change the development python libraries will overwrite the
release python libraries and cause a whole host of problems.

Cheers

Adam