macports or meld issue?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon May 5 14:01:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

> Do we know what the current mirror size requirements are? I just upgraded my
> colocated host, so I can probably host a well-connected US mirror (at least
> until Apple can get their act together on this), if that would be helpful.

See
  https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=macports-distfiles
  https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=macports-packages
  https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=macports-release
For estimates of the daily traffic, see
  https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-ftp-stats.cgi

> Do we have one (or more) distfile mirrors that are slow (that we should maybe
> remove or depref somehow?)

lil.fr.*.macports.org was slow to respond for IPv6-enabled connections because
it publishes AAAA records but didn't answer via IPv6 until a few days ago, but
that's been resolved now. Other than that (and the ping problem at Apple) I'm
not aware of any issues with our mirrors.

--
Clemens Lang