non standard install location and binary packages

Eric Le Lay elelay at macports.org
Sat May 10 00:59:50 PDT 2014

Hello list,

I'm running macports 2.3.0 beta2 on 10.6.8 and can't configure macports
to use binary archives.

I've set buildfromsource=never in macports.conf
and used the -b flag with no success: they are simply ignored.
It has recompiled freetype after glib2 after...

my variants.conf is empty

I've installed macports in a separate partition (/MAC2/x11/opt/local).
Is it what's preventing me from using binary archives ?
This would make sense but then why is port not issuing any warning or
better failing when I set it to never build from source?

Also it ignores build dependencies: it had to install graphite2 as a
dependency and did not install cmake before. So install failed because
it could not find the cmake executable.

Are you aware of this? Is it specific to the beta2? Shall I open a
ticket?

Cheers,