How identify and remove leftover files on buildbots?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Nov 2 15:37:16 PST 2014

On 03 Nov 2014, at 00:21 , Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> And is rkward moving from the rkward port into the R port now, or what?

No, it’s a little weird:

When installing rkward it makes use of R's install feature which will then
put some of rkward's files into R’s own install location.

When uninstalling or deactivating rkward should actually also remove or move
aside those files from R’s install location. But MacPorts can’t handle that,
of course.
So, deactivation is potentially a dangerous thing.

But this is used on the buildbots to install all dependencies of a specific
port and I am not sure what implications this has - in general - for the
buildbots…

And to be able to install an upgraded version of rkward I now need to remove
its old files in R’s location as well.

OK, have to further discuss this with rkward’s devs. :)

Thanks, Ryan, for all your support. I’ll definitely use fs-traverse!!!

Need to call it a day now!