maintainer activity?

petr 976F at ingv.it
Sat Oct 11 03:47:47 PDT 2014

On 11 Oct 2014, at 11:50, Aljaž Srebrnič <a2piratesoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/ott/2014, at 11:45, petr <976F at ingv.it> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>> is there a clever way to learn about a maintainers most recent activity?
>> I am using the Timeline, but this seems not very efficient. The tool is not very responsive it seems limited to 90 days back.
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> If I understand the problem correctly, I think I’d go with a svn log on the root repo dir, grepping for the maintainer’s address.

Will I get trac activity this way? I assumed not, only svn commits.
However, this way I won't be able to assess activity of maintainer without commit rights.

The other problem with your solution might be the footprint of the repo, especially with all the distfiles. I usually keep only trunk as a local copy.

The Timeline is actually quite useful, however the queries take ages and &daysback parameter seems to be limited to 90 day. So you need to click through several periods, before you get some idea.

~petr