Yosemite build debugging? (subversion-javahlbindings)

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Oct 29 07:30:42 PDT 2014

> On Oct 29, 2014, at 1:04 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2014, at 2:09 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>
>> (see ticket #45496 - https://trac.macports.org/ticket/45496)
>>
>> I don't use the javahl-bindings, but it's been reported that they crash on Yosemite. What's interesting to me is that the test suite also crashes when run from within MacPorts, but if I do a build outside of MacPorts (as the macports user) the test suite runs fine.
>
> Does your build outside of MacPorts set all of the same environment variables that MacPorts does? I recall problems seen in other ports because MacPorts was setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET which triggered some different behavior.

I was missing MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET - and indeed adding it gets me the same result outside of MacPorts.

Looks like the cause was fixed in our libtool port by larryv in r125325 (and it actually looks like upstream released a new libtool including the libtool.m4 change as 2.4.3).

As a minimal change, I think I'll just patch configure for the subversion-javahlbindings port as the other subversion port(s) seem to be working OK.

--
Daniel J. Luke