py27-omniORBpy pre-built binary trouble

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 8 00:54:33 PDT 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 12:37 AM, Thomas G Lockhart wrote:

>>> Can we close out the issues (including a very old #23558) and get a fresh start on issues for these ports?
>>
>> #23558 has not been resolved...
>
> And never will be. It is written on snow leopard, and involves a problem with the universal variant which has long since vanished from the Portfile (and will not be supported in the future unless someone else wants to do a lot of work to implement an increasingly obsolete feature).

The OS version doesn't seem to matter; I was able to reproduce the universal variant build failure of omniORB on Yosemite beta.

I don't consider the universal variant to be an obsolete feature. I have +universal in my variants.conf and a majority of ports can build universal just fine.

Fixing this might be as simple as trying to use the muniversal portgroup. I can give that a try.

> Isn’t there a “won’t fix” resolution possible?

We could do that, yes.