Unexpected clean

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:43:26 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. <
dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I do understand why the behavior happened, and I am not sure of the best
> solution going forward.  Perhaps, when doing upgrades due to “scanning
> binaries for linking errors” macports should honor the full command line?
> I did tell it not to upgrade openmodelica-devel, and it did it anyway.
> Is there anything that I could have done differently (other then not using
> -u?)

If openmodelica-devel was rebuilt by rev-upgrade, it was because it was
affected by a link error. As such it would have been rebuilt
unconditionally, and by necessity to the latest version. I can't speak to
applicability of -u to rev-upgrade.

In cases like this you might want to disable the automatic rev-upgrade.
That said, the fact that it was rebuilt does mean that the old version *was
broken* by some other upgrade. You may need to block upgrades of
dependencies in order to keep the older version functional.