RFC: Python maintenance policy

Eric Gallager egall at gwmail.gwu.edu
Thu Sep 25 05:50:00 PDT 2014

Maybe not new py24-foo or new py25-foo ports, but what about +python24
or +python25 variants for ordinary ports that have python bindings?
For example, this isn't the port itself, but from reading the upstream
gdb mailing lists, it looks like gdb upstream actually extended their
support for python backwards to python24 with their most recent
release this summer (7.8), whereas before they had only supported back
to python26...