imake

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Sun Sep 28 22:25:36 PDT 2014

Hello,

On 29/09/2014 13:03, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:51 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com
> <mailto:allbery.b at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     If I understood other discussions correctly, KDE3 is already being
>     removed.
>

> Sorry, not discussions; recent commit messages indicate that it's
> being obsoleted and slated for removal starting from the leaves. See
> for example r125868, r125871.

I had mentioned the idea of making KDE3 obsolete quite some time ago
(months) on the list, but never got to do it. I indeed started
(independently from the imake discussion, just a coincidence) some days
ago with the dependents ports. I going slightly slowly on this part as I
am trying to find replacements for the few remaining kde3-based apps
whenever possible.
The idea would be to then remove the kde3 suite after all dependents
have been taken care of.

The biggest remaining issue is koffice. Ideally, it could be replaced by
calligra (requested in ticket #https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37579),
but it seems plagued with several problems at runtime making it only
very partly usable on OS X.

Cheers,

Nicolas