Calligra and Koffice [was: imake]

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Tue Sep 30 02:46:06 PDT 2014

Hello,

> As Ryan said, it is not really the duty of MacPorts developers to keep
> ports alive if they are not supported upstream.  KDE 3 is long since
> "dead" (unmaintained) and all KDE apps dependent on KDE 3 with it.
> So, do not worry about KOffice… :-(

You have a fair point here. I’ll proceed on that.

> When we have time, we should see what can be done to
> make Calligra more workable in KDE 4 on Apple OS X.

Apart from the possibility of announcing calligra as a replacement of koffice, I am nevertheless hesitating about committing the existing portfile. It can build, so that it would be a good starting point to improve on, but on the other hand, as there are some issues, that may lead to complaints.
I was thinking of committing it with a warning note about the possible issues. Thoughts?

Cheers,

Nicolas