[123602] trunk/dports/python/py-astropy/Portfile

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Tue Sep 30 14:55:29 PDT 2014

Daniel J. Luke writes:

> On Aug 12, 2014, at 11:11 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's still not totally automatic: the developer still has to update the checksums, so if the developer is sufficiently aware that the checksums need to be updated, why can't the developer also follow the stealth update recipe? This hasn't been a problem before.
>
> I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't think it's a bad idea to at least think about possible ways to reduce friction for people contributing to MacPorts.

Sorry for the delay; I just moved across the country and started a new
job (Hello, Bay Area people!).

Daniel did a great job of reading my mind in this thread :-) I am trying
to brainstorm about possible ways to help people contribute.

As for this exact issue, it could be something as simple as a fallback
test:

if checksum doesn't match and revision is new:
  try downloading again
  write state so we don't download in an infinite loop