cross-port ${filespath} access?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 04:49:32 PDT 2015

On Tuesday April 14 2015 13:11:58 Clemens Lang wrote:

Hi,

> Rather than copying, you could also use symlinks, but I'd still argue that's a
> bad idea...

I think one can argue just as easily that it's not a good idea NOT to keep all patches pertaining to a given source collection in a single place...

> > It's possible to set dist_subdir so that one can at least avoid to download and
> > store the archive multiple times; is there an equivalent to set ${filespath} to
> > `port dir ${mainport}`/files ?
>
> Trace mode will deny access to these files if you do that.

Currently it may well do that, but it does give access to the main port's other files (which is evidently a dependency of the kind of port I have in mind here). It seems trace mode could easily be modified to allow access to all the main port's files.

R.