cross-port ${filespath} access?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:16:40 PDT 2015

BTW, another approach to allow a more centralised management of patches (and probably other stuff) would be to support multiple ports in the same port dir. That's not currently possible, is it?

> Rather than copying, you could also use symlinks, but I'd still argue that's
> a bad idea...

Actually, how would trace mode handle a files "directory" that is in fact a symlink to the files directory in another port directory, like with my "qt5-mac-angel" empirical port:

qt5-mac-angel:
  Portfile
  Portfile.qt5 -> ../qt5-mac-devel/Portfile.qt5
  files -> ../qt5-mac-devel/files

R.