Where are our mirror scripts defined?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 14 22:42:54 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM, Clemens Lang wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I am looking for information on our mirroring infrastructure, especially
> on the job that does the initial mirroring and puts it to the
> distfiles.macports.org machine from where all other mirrors download it.
>
> I think there might be a few problems with our mirror setup, since I've
> recently seen an increased number of files missing from our mirrors, and
> I'd like to get their bottom

One of the reason for missing packages is that occasionally there is a
problem which leads to incomplete activation of the port and leaves
most files of a port present on the buildbot, but doesn't mark the
port as active.

Whenever the buildbot tries to build *any* package that depends on
that port, it fails to do so. The buildbot gets fixed after a while
(sometimes it takes a day or two), but unless someone force-rebuilds
all the ports that failed to build in the meantime, all those files
will be missing.

Of course there might be other sources of problems, but this one is
the most obvious one. And it would be really great if we implemented
means for a *proper* cleanup.

Mojca