Port variant "libcaca -x11" still pulls in xorg deps...

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Apr 21 23:53:25 PDT 2015

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your helpful response.

On 22 Apr 2015, at 00:20 , Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at macports.org> wrote:
> imlib2's configure script looks like it has a way to disable X11 support, but the resulting dylib is still linked against X11 libs.  Here's a patch to get you started:
>
> <imlib2.x11_variant.patch>

Based on that I have filed a ticket for further review [1]. It builds fine here.

> freeglut (and libGLU) are GLX ports.  freeglut cannot build a GLUT.framework based on OpenGL.framework.  If you need to use GLUT/CGL, don't use the freeglut port.

Well, I am not sure what to do about this in libcaca, as all I did was moving things
from the port into the default x11 variant, so changing nothing effectively for x11.

As I am not an X11 Xpert, I am unsure about whether a non-X11 port would/could build
with or w/o GLUT/CGL.

Wondering whether there is any connection between the above and gstreamer1-gst-plugins-good
failing on me [2]...

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47532