SVN authorization

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Wed Aug 5 17:53:46 PDT 2015

Hi:

I migrated from 10.6 to 10.10 recently and I now want to do some work on the ports I maintain but I’ve run into a snag.

Trying to run 'sudo port -v selfupdate’ results in:

…
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from file:///Users/craigtreleaven/mp/ports
Updating '.':
svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports'
svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.macports.org)
Command failed: /usr/bin/svn update --non-interactive /Users/craigtreleaven/mp/ports
Exit code: 1
…

I vaguely recall running an svn command to add MacPorts as a trusted server (or some-such) but I don’t recall the details.

Thanks,

Craig