El Capitan Buildbot

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Sun Aug 16 14:21:31 PDT 2015

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> writes:

> On Aug 16, 2015, at 14:49, Sean Farley wrote:
>>
>> Since the public beta of El Capitan has been out for a while, is there
>> any chance we can get a buildbot set up so that we're ready for the
>> release?
>
> In the past, we haven't set up a build server for an OS until it public release. It's conceivable that something would change between now and final release that would necessitate rebuilding packages...

Well, it's a buildbot. We could just, you know, rebuild things. In the
recent past, the main delay has been allocating the resources for a new
buildbot, so I figured getting the ball rolling now might help getting
the buildbot sooner.

I think this would be a great time to get reports on which packages have
trouble building on El Capitan before the main release.