El Capitan Buildbot

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Aug 17 02:03:16 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Sean Farley wrote:
> Ryan Schmidt writes:
>> On Aug 16, 2015, at 14:49, Sean Farley wrote:
>>>
>>> Since the public beta of El Capitan has been out for a while, is there
>>> any chance we can get a buildbot set up so that we're ready for the
>>> release?
>>
>> In the past, we haven't set up a build server for an OS until it public release. It's conceivable that something would change between now and final release that would necessitate rebuilding packages...
>
> Well, it's a buildbot. We could just, you know, rebuild things. In the
> recent past, the main delay has been allocating the resources for a new
> buildbot, so I figured getting the ball rolling now might help getting
> the buildbot sooner.
>
> I think this would be a great time to get reports on which packages have
> trouble building on El Capitan before the main release.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I will be enormously happy if
we'll get the buildbot up and running at all.
Given how long the 10.6 and 10.7 buildbots have been broken ...

And yes, it would make a lot of sense to start the process now if
there is anyone at Apple who is willing and able to look into it.

Mojca