[139620] trunk/dports/python

Andrew Stromnov stromnov at macports.org
Sun Aug 23 13:21:34 PDT 2015

Hi,

  I really don't understand, how to properly create this deactivate hack
due to reverse nature of dependency chain.
  py-ipython is a prerequisite for py-ipyparallel, but not vise versa. I
think that the real root of this problem is the ugly shortcut variant named
'parallel', which creates circular dependency for old 'py-ipython
+parallel' (was provided as attempt to simplify transition from ipython 3.x
to ipython 4.x).

  Note: old overbloated ipython 3.x was splitted into several packages
(ipyparallel, notebook and etc.), and now old py-ipython port is
functionally more or less equivalent to new meta-port named py-jupyter.