python + libedit issues

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Wed Aug 26 14:41:06 PDT 2015

I've recently noticed (not sure when it changed) that when I enter and then
exit() the python (using python27 in particular) interpreter built against
libedit, the tty flags (as reported by stty -a) aren't getting reset when
exiting python -- most noticeably the echo flag is getting turned off. Yes,
yes, reset will fix it, but still.

If I build python27 against libreadline instead of libedit (by disabling
the libedit patch file) it works as expected.

All up-to-date as far as ports go... (r139788)

Any thoughts?

 - Eric