[MacPorts] #49303: qt4-mac: Update to 4.8.7_2 Breaks CMake

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 01:01:55 PST 2015

On Friday December 11 2015, MacPorts wrote regarding "Re: [MacPorts] #49303: qt4-mac: Update to 4.8.7_2 Breaks CMake"

> * cc: rjvbertin@… (added)

Sigh.

To date I have seen exactly 1 "core MacPorts dev" react to the underlying issue and say "please don't install Qt that way". I think it was Ryan, but I am not sure about that.

Why not add him and/or some others who may have a strong opinion to how user-friendly MacPorts should be to those who aim to use ports like cmake and Qt in their own work and not just only as things required within MacPorts?

Oops. I thought this would go to Marko, but maybe it's not so bad it goes to the list instead :)

R.