Fwd: interval 0.1.1 released

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sun Feb 1 18:19:15 PST 2015

octave-1.0.tcl only uses what is provided to it by octave itself via
'mkoctfile' (specifically the FLIBS and LAPACK_LIBS settings); it does
nothing special or tricky along the way even if the way it handles
building octave packages is nonstandard. Those settings should not
contain '-arch' of any type. To be fair, it would be wise for the octave
devs to add '-arch' parsing to mkoctfile, as it would solve a bunch of
integration issues with OSX compilers; I think I looked into patching
that parsing in once upon a time but I'm sure any work I did has been
lost to time. But, they don't so we have to be careful to make sure that
flag doesn't get saved or used somehow when doing octave packages. Is
there an open ticket for adding in this port? Is there any difference
beyond the version and checksums to the proposed Portfile between
interval 0.1.0 and 0.1.1? - MLD