OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Feb 7 03:15:08 PST 2015

> On Feb 7, 2015, at 02:01, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I think I found the error leading to OpenGL initialisation failure in VLC 2.2.0 rc2 built through MacPorts. Or rather: it must be a lack of initialisation because I'd hope a failure during that step would be signalled and handled appropriately ...
>
> The configure procedure finds both the GLX libGL.dylib library and the OpenGL framework, and links both. Somehow that doesn't lead to linker warnings, which is why I didn't notice it before. More details at https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/13838 .

Good luck with that.  My experience with that track is that they will just close your ticket and tell you to piss off.

> I'd appreciate feedback from someone more familiar with autoconf/automake to trace and correct this issue.
> Jeremy: you seem to be the last person to have updated port:VLC-devel; did that build to a functional player for you?

Yeah, the last time I touched it, it built fine and gave me a functional VLC.app.

As upstream developers' manners leave much to be desired, I opted to stop maintaining the port and haven't really messed with it for quite some time.

> It does not for me, and I'd like to be able to exclude the possibility that my local build environment is somehow the reason for this GL/GLX confusion.

Can you point me to a build log?  I'll take a look later.  Too tired now...