OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Feb 7 05:24:29 PST 2015

On 07 Feb, René J.V. Bertin wrote :
> > It's funny how VLC on Brew works fine and is used, notably by tomahawk
> > (pure Qt application) and we never ever had a problem with them.
>
> Ah, but VLC used to work fine in MacPorts too, up to and including 2.1.5 . With patches, but HB probably applies their own too.

Oh, yes:
https://github.com/tomahawk-player/homebrew-tomahawk/blob/master/vlc.rb

> Are you really sure VLC git/2.2 works under HB?

Yes.

> Also, HB have their own and quite different way of laying out their tree, which probably is much less prone to introducing confusions because of similarities to a Linux layout.

And yet, they behave less agressively than MP and than Jeremy, who just
a couple of mail ago accused us of insults and ad hominem attacks.
The fact that HB is now more popular than MP could be also because of
your attitude?

> > Sorry, but what regression?
>
> Again, the issue under debate did not exist with VLC 2.1.5 built almost the exact same way. I think that common consensus would call that a regression.

What regression, once again?

After 10s of comments, there is still no compile log, no runtime logs.

To learn about the regressionan, we need to wait for comment 8:
"video the most I get is a window with garbage contents."

And still no runtime logs and we still don't know what module was
loaded.

> > You can't use bootstrap, and configure?
>
> But I am! Please have a look at the logs I attached to the trac ticket...

Jeremy wasn't, and that's the topic of this mail, about supposedly us
insulting him, because we closed his bugreport that he kept reopening,
while the whole time, he was hacking your buildsystem.

Not to mention heavily patching VLC, with no good reason, as we can see
with the NSEnviron ticket.

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf