OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sat Feb 7 13:01:38 PST 2015

> On Feb 7, 2015, at 05:57, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
>
>> In defense of Jeremy, I think he was. I took over the Portfile that had his signature, so I'm presuming that's what he used too.
>> And it does a bootstrap before invoking configure.
>
> He claimed that sedding our buildsystem was correct.

Can you point out where you're referring to?

>>> Not to mention heavily patching VLC, with no good reason, as we can see
>>> with the NSEnviron ticket.

How is that "heavily" patching VLC?  Also, as you can see by my comment in that ticket, the change I am suggesting makes your app conform to environ(3).  Right now, you're relying on undocumented behavior which could change.

>> Again in his defense, I hold him in high esteem as a developer, who knows OS X way more intimately than most (he's the main XQuartz developer).
>
> So what? He could be the kernel core developer or Linux Torvalds, that wouldn't
> change a thing. He behaved wrongly, and then complained we were
> insulting him, and lied about his patches not being taken in accounts.

Really?  Where have I lied?

>> I've seen the patches, I've even extended one (to get rid of the last references to Growl). We may not agree on how good the reasons are for those patches (= the ones I know of), but from what I can see they have nothing to do with the issue at hand.
>
> One of them is amazing, by patching a clear and on-purpose limitation of
> linking to libavcodec 56...

Where are you referring to?