OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Feb 8 14:57:25 PST 2015

On 08 Feb, René J.V. Bertin wrote :
> And no one insulted you personally on this ML. Things were said about you that weren't meant to be nice, but they were not addressed to you. Either you went to the archives to (pardon the expression) "get yourself insulted", or someone on this list forwarded you a copy without telling anyone else but that's a hypothesis I am not going to give any credibility until that someone comes forward.

Or I joined this mailing list before. But you know, that thought
couldn't have crossed your mind?

It's funny that you don't feel the problem with re-adding a mailing
list, when answering a private email. Especially after you went off-list
first.

And after telling us what rude behaviour is, and lecturing about
politeness.

It's a bit like telling us how bad our code is and then saying things
totally wrong technically. Or refusing code reviews of patches

> > But, I'll forward it to the right people too.
>
> Sure, that's a very adult reaction, but I'm sure you weren't going to do that behind our backs, and CC us, right?

You were in TO of this very e-mail, you just answered on this mailing
list. In CC: that you removed, of course, was feepk, you know the Mac
maintainer of VLC that you manage to piss on the bugtracker?

I think we should drop it here, it's pointless. You should probably not
package VLC, or Phonon-VLC. We'll all be better.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734