OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:26:54 PST 2015

On Sunday February 08 2015 23:57:25 Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Or I joined this mailing list before. But you know, that thought
> couldn't have crossed your mind?

It did. I even tried to check the member list (which is private). It seemed highly unlikely though.

> It's funny that you don't feel the problem with re-adding a mailing
> list, when answering a private email. Especially after you went off-list

MacPorts was involved, by your attacks on it, and by the fact you were calling out people on their public behaviour. It's sad that this exchange has undoubtedly been annoying most of that ML's members but so be it (my sincerest apologies, though).
feepk was of course excluded (and is now) as he is only sideways involved as far as I'm concerned. If you consider I pissed on him, well, that says more about you than about what I did or didn't do. I apologised to him for apparently having irked him.

> You were in TO of this very e-mail, you just answered on this mailing
> list. In CC: that you removed, of course, was feepk, you know the Mac
> maintainer of VLC that you manage to piss on the bugtracker?
>

> I think we should drop it here, it's pointless.

Really, it was actually starting to get funny...

not.

I'm not going to hold my breath though. Just my emails.

> You should probably not
> package VLC, or Phonon-VLC. We'll all be better.

I see many ways in which it'll all be better. I won't package VLC, there's no point to that. I will however, ne vous en déplaise, keep working on phonon-backend-vlc (which builds and functions OOTB, to date) and for that I will, ne vous en déplaise non plus, propose a port:libvlc . We'll figure out how to get there without your help, don't worry about that, but it will most certainly be announced or discussed on MacPorts mailing lists.

EOT