Xvfb MIA

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:13:54 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Jack Howarth <
howarth.at.macports at gmail.com> wrote:

>     So I take it that it is impossible to use MacPort's Xvfb without
> abandoning the use of the Xquartz server in /opt/local/X11? That is

Installing MacPorts' Xquartz via xorg-server does not require you to use
it, or even enable it in launchd. (In fact, you can't; last I checked, that
functionality was in the xinit port.) Just install xorg-server as a build
dep and use the Xvfb part. It's not like that Xvfb would only run with the
exact matching Xquartz; it's a normal X11 client as far as the host X
server is concerned.

(Jeremy is suggesting a subport of xorg-server that would *only* install
Xvfb, as I understand it. Done properly this would suggest xorg-server
becomes a metaport with subports for Xquartz, Xvfb, Xephyr, etc. Probably
make builds of the metaport more painful, though....)