[MacPorts] #46786: R changes broke rNMR package

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:58:38 PST 2015

The real problem is that the MacPorts R package has become broken with
regard to using ${prefix}/lib/R/library which clearly seen if you
execute...

% R

R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31) -- "Pumpkin Helmet"
Copyright (C) 2014 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin14.3.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> .libPaths()
[1] "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library"

whereas in fink, we get...

% R

R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31) -- "Pumpkin Helmet"
Copyright (C) 2014 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> .libPaths()
[1] "/sw/lib/R/3.1/site-library"
[2] "/sw/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library"

In fink, our R packages are built as frameworks but we have a symllink....

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin     26 Nov  1 13:27 site-library ->
/sw/lib/R/3.1/site-library

in /sw/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources.
    The proper fix would be to implement the same change in MacPorts'
R so that in the ${prefix}/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources
directory we likewise have a symlink called site-library pointing at
the legacy ${prefix}/lib/R/library directory that has been used here
in the past.
          Jack