[MacPorts] #46844: help2man: add support for perl5.{16,18,20}

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 13 20:07:04 PST 2015

On Feb 13, 2015, at 8:57 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2015-2-14 07:37 , Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>> What's our de facto policy on Perl dependencies? I really hate +perlX_YY variants and would rather ports pick a single version and stick with it, but I don't have any skin in the matter. I really just want to know whether it's okay to close tickets like this one as "wontfix".
>
> I would also favour just using one version unless there's a really good
> reason to provide a choice.

Me too. I also wouldn't have a problem with individual ports like help2man moving to newer perl versions like 5.20. I don't feel that we need to wait and try to do every single port at once, as that's likely to either not happen because of the amount of work involved or to introduce problems because of insufficient testing.