swig-python and python{24,25,31,32}

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Sun Jan 4 12:39:40 PST 2015

Good question! I'd guess that since python{24,25,26} will be replaced by
python27 (ditto for the 3 series, I'm assuming) in the Portfile(s) that
they use, then the user will need to re-select the Python to use. Or,
maybe use what I did in qt4-mac when I removed its select: put in a
post-activate hook to do this command automatically [Reminder to self: I
need to take that out]. Seems like doing something like this would work,
not matter what sort of hackery it is. But, yes, in general it's
something that we'll need to think about and make sure works. - MLD