[KDE/Mac] Getting started on Mac OS X

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Tue Jan 6 14:08:44 PST 2015

On Jan 6, 2015, at 9:52 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday January 06 2015 11:48:46 Michael Dickens wrote:
>
>> There just isn't enough time in the day! Some day, I won't be so crazy
>> busy! Some day, I really will address the Qt4 tickets. I really do like
>> the idea of having Qt4 and Qt5 available at the same time & I know that
>> Qt4 needs some attention (as does Qt5, but I haven't even found time for
>
> Do you use port:qt4-mac yourself? If so, it won't necessarily take a lot of time to install it in concurrent mode, esp. if you've kept your work/build tree around. Given the lack of feedback, I was actually planning to make +concurrent the default (= remove the variant), and add a +exclusive variant corresponding to the current default behaviour. That might make testing even easier...

It is usually easier to get patch reviews if the changes are as few as possible.
I have macports installed in a vm building qt4-mac based of René's work [1]. The new variants have been removed but the effect of the +concurrent variant has been incorporated along with the PortGroup changes to create a minimal patch to test concurrency.

If/when the qt4-mac build succeeds I plan to build "port echo depends:qt4-mac".

If having a non-local machine to test changes to qt4-mac would help Michael, René or anyone else contact me off list and we can work out access to my macports vm.

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/46238

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)