[MacPorts] howto/SyncingWithSVN modified

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Jan 12 07:09:26 PST 2015

Hi,

----- On 12 Jan, 2015, at 14:55, René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com wrote:

> Nope, I did the checkout in $prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk
> using `svn co "http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk" dports` which
> should be the same as the command the how-to gives.

That would check out trunk into a directory called dports. Note that there's yet
another "dports" below that URL, i.e. that would give you
  $prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/dports.

> When I put file://$prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports in
> macports.conf, I get an error during port -d sync saying that
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources//var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
> doesn't exist.
>
> That's on Linux, though -- maybe that's where the bat blesses?

The double slash shouldn't be a problem, but you can try removing that to see if
it helps. Did you check whether the directory actually exists?

--
Clemens Lang