[MacPorts] howto/SyncingWithSVN modified

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 07:20:02 PST 2015

On Monday January 12 2015 16:09:26 Clemens Lang wrote:

> > Nope, I did the checkout in $prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk
> > using `svn co "http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk" dports` which
> > should be the same as the command the how-to gives.
>
> That would check out trunk into a directory called dports. Note that there's yet
> another "dports" below that URL, i.e. that would give you
>   $prefix/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/dports.

Sorry, I was mistaken with an earlier attempt using git-svn. I did the command as shown, and don't have dports/dports .

> > /opt/local/var/macports/sources//var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports
> > doesn't exist.
> >
> > That's on Linux, though -- maybe that's where the bat blesses?
>
> The double slash shouldn't be a problem, but you can try removing that to see if
> it helps. Did you check whether the directory actually exists?

Of course it doesn't exist :) the `var/macports/sources` part is duplicated, and it seems that in sources.conf, $prefix==/opt/local/var/macports/sources/ ...

Is there anything one should change in macports.conf (and that's not listed in the how-to) to stop `port selfupdate` from trying to do an rsync?

R.